Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Early Stages

Growing up at age 7 i witnessed sitting on my front steps a man get shot and killed for his Phoenix Suns Starter jacket pullover. I truly set there stunned until my older brother came outside picked me up and brought me in the house. That moment always replayed in my mental to never get caught off guard and always stay ready in this violent community. Having guns,drugs,sex,crime,and pain at my finger tips daily gave me rightful reasons to become a product of my environment. At the age of 29 I have spent my last 7years of my life dedicated to motivating others to come out of a "deathstyle" and  into enjoying a real lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. First I want to applaud you for your ability to take a bad situation and horrible event and use it for something positive. That speaks volumes on the kind of person you are and takes back the power from those that commit violence. This blog will be an example of hope for young people that have been in or currently are in a similar situation. It seems like there are too many bad examples on how to deal with violence and it is refreshing to see a real role model for a change. Are you planning on posting information about how to get help psychologically for people who are victims of violence? Is there a specific age group that you are trying to reach with this blog? Again, thank you for sharing your story and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you taking the time out to read and pay attention to my blog. I work with the youth and city officials in my community in ways to empower the young people. I truly feel as if i have no other reason for breathing if I am not helping people out. I was once in the Fire and have been pulled out and strengthen to go back in the fire to pull many others out. I often times speak in the high schools and use my story as means to motivate and inspire our youth. Yes i also plan to post more information where troubled youth can get help.

    ReplyDelete